Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kilimanjaro


August 16th : What can I saw but a picture is worth a thousand words. Enough said, nice view but unfortunately too many clouds. It took us about 6 hours to get here and we are here until Tuesday morning. We then set out to cross the Serengheti.
Arrived at Arusha, the hotel is The Impala. The lobby is where they obviously put all their money, rooms are comfortable, TV is fine if you speak Indian and all of the light bulbs are burnt out. We went to another hotel for supper, the Jacarenda. The food is excellent and I can honestly say that this is my first real meal where I left the table satisfied, and full. I tried the catch of the day, Wildebeast. It was actually very good and tender, no fat at all. Don`t know where they caught it and I hope it wasn`t road kill….

No comments: